Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New idea

I have decided to use my blog as a journal in a sense.  I don't have a lot of time to write things down that I am thinking or what my children are doing so this seemed as good of place as any.  Currently I am listening to Ava cough in the next room while my mom is trying to get Bennett back to sleep and Emerson is quietly sleeping in his basket next to me.  I have 3 out of 5 children sick with the croup this week and it has been quite the evening.  We have had one baby throw up everywhere while I was nursing so Granee got to clean her up, another baby so miserable that he cannot settle down and a couple of 4 year olds who decided that listening to mom was optional today, so they went to bed in trouble.  It is a typical day in the Mitchell household!
As I am writing this, I realize that my babies are getting older really fast and though sometimes I think I want them out of this stage faster, I quickly realize that I would miss the need to be held and snuggled (all 5 at the same time of course), the silly conversations I have with Dallin and Clara everyday, the constant questions, the way Ava and Bennett are trying to communicate with their words now and how quickly they are adding new words every day and the love and quiet time (sometimes) I get from nursing Emerson.  I would and will miss this times very much.
So, even though I call my children "the monsters" to most people, they are my monsters and I love them with every fiber of my being.  I am blessed to be a mother.  It was all I every wanted for so very long.  And even though I believe the Lord to be crazy to send me 5 babies in 4 years, I will take them and cherish them and try harder every day to live up to that great responsibility of being a mom to so many "littles."  I may go crazy in the process, but I want everyone to know that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

3 comments:

*S* said...

Love this picture of Emerson. They will grow up very fast so as crazy as this time is enjoy all the little moments, the silly conversations. These little moments are the big things. I love the new idea.

Teacher Mama said...

Emmerson is SO beautiful!!! Your post is so true, Marissa. What a miracle to have all of these little babies to love.

Karebear said...

Well said!