Friday, November 13, 2009

Falling Leaves




I need to vent...I think raking leaves is for the birds. I haven't minded having a yard that I have to take care of as opposed to what we have been used to (concrete slabs and an HOA handling all the yard work). I have enjoyed gardening and pulling weeds. I have loved growing a garden and eating the great veggies, but I have found something I hate...raking leaves. I started a couple of days ago and after and hour of raking I only had one black bag full to show my efforts. Oh don't get me wrong I had plenty of piles of leaves to be bagged, but I also had 2 helpers who thought climbing through the piles of leaves was how you cleaned them up (Dallin) and who also thought eating the leaves might be a more effective way of doing the job (Clara). Needless to say I didn't get much done and then we had a slight wind storm the next day. You only need a slight wind storm to ruin perfectly piled leaves. So, I have decided to wait until ALL of the leaves have fallen off the trees. I apologize to my neighbors who have to look at my yard. If you don't like it you are welcome to my rake and bags!
Cute pictures of my helpers in the yard!

1 comment:

*S* said...

Cute pictures of the kids. Although Clara looks like a bit of a jail bird in those stripes. Was she on work release "helping" you rake the leaves?