Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Are they twins?




Living in a small town elicits random comments especially when you have two babies that appear to be the same age. Here is a sampling of the questions we often (whenever I go anywhere with them) recieve:
1. Are they twins?
2. Are they identical?
3. Two girls?
After answering very politly that they are indeed twins and no they are not identical and that I have one of each gender, I am often then told that how lucky I am to have one of each and I have to agree! Although, Mason and I have been trying to come up with a story that Dallin is actually a year old and he has a growth problem and a developmental delay just to see the reaction. I haven't tried it out yet. I am waiting for the right person to try it on or the right mood to be in! Any ideas for a story or response?
Here are pictures of the babies at my friend Sarah's house in Phoenix, AZ. Are they twins?!

4 comments:

Lori Larsen said...

I can't believe how big they are getting!!! I love your possible story about Dallin being a year older. Helps me to know that you haven't completely lost your mind or your sense of humor if you guys can still come up with stuff like that!

BubbaRooster said...

Hey, thanks for finally adding me after an initial "denial".. I almost got upset, and then I saw another email from you.
You have to post often and that's all there is to it. I don't have to because, you see, at my age I DON'T change much from week to week, unlike your babies.
I have a different name for you guys: The Carlsbad Kids.
Bubba

*S* said...

How's my BFF doing? How is Clara? How is Hell? Oh did I just give away my anonymity? I hope you all are feeling better. Don and Hannah have been sick all week. I miss you guys. I can't wait to see you.

Teacher Mama said...

I'm starting to think that Dallin really doesn't look like Mason. He is far too cute.