Thursday, September 29, 2011

When I'm a big boy...

The other night, we were eating dinner and as usual when asked if she wanted cheese on her spaghetti, Clara said, "no cheese." She has been anti-cheese for a few months unless it is in melted form. Dallin then said he wanted cheese because he was a big boy. The following conversation happened between Dallin and Clara:
Dallin: "I a big boy and like cheese."
Clara: "I not a big boy"
Dallin: "Big boys eat cheese."
Clara: "When I a big boy I eat cheese, okay?"
Dallin: "Okay!"
I didn't correct her about being a girl instead of a boy until a few days later when I asked her if she wanted cheese for lunch and she said yes. I gave her some cheese expecting the usual of saying "no cheese" but she happily ate cheese. Dallin then looked at her and said, "yea, baby is a big boy (he calls her baby)!" Clara responded by smiling and clapping saying, "I a big boy now!"
After this realization, I told her that she was a big girl not boy and she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "no I a big boy!"
What do mom's know anyway! LOL!
PS Pictures to come in the next day or so!

4 comments:

BubbaRooster said...

Just had to say hi. Had dinner with Carroll last night. Enjoyed all your picture postings; thanks. Say hi to Mason. Would love to see you guys sometime.
Bubba

Karebear said...

Tell, her that her big boy brother uses the toilet and see if the idea transfers that way for you. If it does, I say let her think shes a boy!!!

*S* said...

I love it! They are so cute. I miss you all. I hope to see you soon.

Teacher Mama said...

Love it! Don't you just love it when little kids can talk? So cute.