Monday, March 22, 2010

All hell has broken loose...

Excuse my french, but in the past month life at the Mitchell house got a lot more busy, crowded, complicated and messy.
Exhibit A:

This is what happens when you are trying to add a little paint to the place...you find mold under the baseboards, which leads to Mason tearing (literally) the room apart...which leads to seeing outside the house for a couple of days which inevitably leads to Marissa having a breakdown. (In my defense, I have only had 2 so far!)
Exhibit B:

Dallin is apparently allergic to kiwi or mango...this polka dot baby had spots for a week and then they went away. I did not need a sick baby in all the craziness.
Exhibit C:

My children have become accustomed to getting in my bathtub without water and with clothes on and I haven't made a fuss because I am either painting, scrubbing or some other activity other than playing with my children, so they have learned new tricks and other such survival skills! Side note: Clara is not to be without a Baby these days and most of the time she has 2 babies!
Exhibit D:

Dallin is protesting the new addition (and seemingly permanent) of a baby gate blocking what mommy is doing. I was just beyond the gate painting and didn't need his help.
Exhibit E:

Clara and Dallin now calculate everything. This is when mommy asked to figure out how much our new house repairs were going to be...result: something with an exponent!
Exhibit F:

This is our house guest and live in repair guy, Uncle Justy! He has been doing all the work on the house while Mason works and goes to school. He is staying until the house is done and Mason is grateful as he doesn't have a wife having melt downs everyday...just every week!
Exhibit G:

My TV room is now in the dining room and my dining room is in the kitchen. This is the couch where daddy and the babies are getting ready for bed. It appears that the babes are putting daddy to bed and not the other way around!

So readers, if it seems that I do not blog as often I hope I have given good cause. I will try to remember to take pics of the babes more often (right now I am just saving them from cans of WD-40, saws, screw drivers and other various items on the ground at their disposal). As for the crowd that has been here, we have also had cousin Sterling living with us during the week. It has been an adventure for all and one that I am ready to be over.

4 comments:

*S* said...

Ahh cute babies. I love seeing the pictures. I hope the house is starting to come back together.

BubbaRooster said...

Wow, I just read your blog. It's Friday March 25th, or something like that. I'm totally impressed with Mason's work projectsssssss (multiple "s'") and I think when he gets them all done and is starting to get bored he needs to come visit me for a week.

Marissa said...

you forgot to add running 4 to 13 miles each day and cooking for the bunch.. Keep running. Good job Marissa. love you much.... mom

Teacher Mama said...

Sounds fun. It is a good thing you are coming up here to get a break. 13 miles of running should be easy after all the drama at home.