Monday, April 27, 2009

Brain loss!

I have often heard that you lose brain cells after having babies. I thought I would be immune to such problems seeing I paid my dues in having 2 babies after 47 hours of labor, alas, I have lost my entire brain, I think!
I watch DVDs when folding clothes or trying to get babies to sleep and I need the remote controls so I don't have to get up and turn the channel or push any buttons (I know I am such a guy in that facet!). I was getting ready to watch my show and I couldn't find the remotes. Mason was taking a nap and I thought he had taken them to play a joke on me. So I woke him up (anyone who knows Mason knows I did this with much trepidation...he tends to get grumpy during and after naps) he groggily said he hadn't taken them. I looked everywhere and finally had to resort to getting up and changing the channel BY HAND!
Previous to this I had scooped up all the babies clothes from the various rooms I change them in (one being the TV room) and had started a load. Mason had asked why it was so loud in the washer, but I calmly stated that it was all the buttons on baby clothes that was making all the racket!
After the load of laundry was done, I got up and pushed Pause by hand and went to get the load so I could put them in the dryer and what did I find...the remotes. Both remotes (batteries included) had been washed (not dried)! The one to the DVD player works and I haven't had the courage to try the other. Needless to say Mason had a GREAT laugh at my expense and now thinks he needs to check everything I do!
Enjoy the laugh I know all of you are having!

2 comments:

*S* said...

Don thought it was very funny. He wants me to quote him as "LOL". "On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 15 funny". He is concerned. I do stuff like that and I don't have any kids to blame. I guess we are in trouble when that time comes. You'll have to come babysit ME.

Marissa said...

I'M just glad it was not one of the babies and only a remote....
---Mason